A Vegan Lifestyle Blog



Growing up my dad called me "Gina Beana Fagiolena," or "little bean" in Italian. He never could have guessed that I'd become a vegan, but the nickname suits me more now than ever. Read on to learn about all things vegan: fashion, books, food and more.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Vegan Fashion Challenge

A no-leather wardrobe is my greatest vegan lifestyle challenge. Eating is easy, skin care more difficult, but no leather boots? No leather jackets? I can't afford the Stella McCartney vegan shoes and clothes, but I have been able to find random jackets and leggings at regular stores. I'm slowly incorporating vegan fashion into my closet, and this blue faux leather jacket is currently my best vegan piece (the pleather leggings come second!).

I bought this jacket in Milan this past summer at Bershka. After checking out the Duomo, I decided to take (one of many) shopping breaks, and I found this excellent, soft, smooth, stylish jacket. It has a great fit and detail: a zipper at the collar, buttons on the pockets and an elastic band around the waist for a fitted look. The shade of blue is unique--much lighter than navy--a combination of cornflower blue and purple. Who knew?! An affordable vegan jacket that fits and looks better than that leather one I bought five years ago! Now to find some shoes.....

No comments:

Post a Comment