A Vegan Lifestyle Blog



Growing up my dad called me "Gina Beana Fagiolena," or "little bean" in Italian. He never could have guessed that I'd become a vegan, but the nickname suits me more now than ever. Read on to learn about all things vegan: fashion, books, food and more.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Alicia Silverstone and The Kind Diet

Alicia Silverstone is vegan...you knew that, right?


She just came out with a new book, The Kind Diet, that is a vegan recipe book but even moreso it is a lifestyle book. Not only does she give they reasons why she is a vegan (physical and mental well being, mental clarity and vitality), she also teaches readers about what it means to follow a macrobiotic diet, which, in her terms, is a revved-up version of a vegan diet. You eliminate all the bad, unhealthy parts of veganism (like processed foods, etc.). Very informative! I've already started incorporating some macrobiotic principles, such as starting a meal with soup and basing your entire diet around whole grains, into my vegan diet today. I like this book because it's much more than a celebrity cookbook. It's educates around health and lifestyle, too, and is definitely worth a read while you're browsing through the book store.

Alicia Silverstone also has a blog that you can follow: The Kind Life. Notice her first post under the "Food" tab. It's all about our local girl who owns Vegan Treats that I blogged about a few months ago. Props to Alicia, but I do have to say that Fagiolina spotted her first....

No comments:

Post a Comment