A Vegan Lifestyle Blog



Growing up my dad called me "Gina Beana Fagiolena," or "little bean" in Italian. He never could have guessed that I'd become a vegan, but the nickname suits me more now than ever. Read on to learn about all things vegan: fashion, books, food and more.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

Monday, January 18, 2010

Skip fine dining, stick to the cafe at Govinda's

Last weekend I went to Govinda's. A small, vegan, fast-food-like cafe on Broad and South Street, Govinda's opens up the back room for sit-down dining on the weekends. Well, let's just say that next time I'm just going to stick to the cafe.

The most disappointing thing about Govinda's menu was that it was all based on faux meat. No pure tofu, seitan or vegetable dishes but only "scallops," "chicken," etc. The best part of the meal were the veg samosas we had for appetizers, and those actually were on display in the cafe.

The cakes looked excellent, though, so next time just the cafe and dessert for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment