A Vegan Lifestyle Blog



Growing up my dad called me "Gina Beana Fagiolena," or "little bean" in Italian. He never could have guessed that I'd become a vegan, but the nickname suits me more now than ever. Read on to learn about all things vegan: fashion, books, food and more.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Coup de SEITAN Tacos!

I have waited and waited to post this because I've wanted to try the tacos for myself first so that, instead of the screenshot of Coup de Taco's website, I could post a ridiculous picture of me devouring a BBQ seitan taco! But then I realized I shouldn't be so selfish and deny the rest of Philly a chance to try a taco first, so....

If you're in University City and craving cheap vegan eats swing by Philly's only vegan taco truck on 40th between Locust and Spruce. Grab a Tikka Masala seitan taco for your bus ride back to Center City, or take a BBQ seitan rice bowl to class.

While there is chicken on the menu, I'm convinced it is only to lure the non-vegans to a source of cheap, tasty veg fare. Once they see a BBQ seitan rib taco, how could they ever order meat again?!
I'm sure Jeff (my grad school classmate!), Peter and Richie totally persuade everyone to go with the veg....in fact, Jeff was originally interested in starting a vegetarian fast food restaurant, but somehow his idea morphed into a food truck. Go figure, but lucky for us!

Follow the Coup crew's food truck start-up adventures here.

No comments:

Post a Comment