A Vegan Lifestyle Blog



Growing up my dad called me "Gina Beana Fagiolena," or "little bean" in Italian. He never could have guessed that I'd become a vegan, but the nickname suits me more now than ever. Read on to learn about all things vegan: fashion, books, food and more.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, March 25, 2010

' “I like my vegan food to be sexy, dirty fun,” Ms. Silverstone chirped, her voice rising with the girlish lilt so memorable from her best-known role, the matchmaking high school princess Cher Horowitz in the 1995 movie “Clueless.” '

So says Alicia Silverstone in a recent New York Times article, "Vegan in Word and Deed."

Reporter Patrick Healy joined Alicia and her friends at her--and my--New York favorite, Candle 79. She's blogged about it a few times, I've blogged about it a few times...overall, it's just a favorite.

Alicia is really taking on the vegan world by storm with her book The Kind Life (recently no. 1 on the New York Times best-seller list for hardcover advice, how-to and miscellaneous books) and her blog of the same title. She's been vegan now for over 10 years.

Given the success of her book, could we begin to fathom the possibility that our diet is becoming more mainstream? That more people care about their health and are beginning to realize the impact of diet on their health, energy and overall well-being? Let's hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment