A Vegan Lifestyle Blog



Growing up my dad called me "Gina Beana Fagiolena," or "little bean" in Italian. He never could have guessed that I'd become a vegan, but the nickname suits me more now than ever. Read on to learn about all things vegan: fashion, books, food and more.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Mimosas, Olsen Haus, Matt & Nat @ Arcadia

Mimosas....











Vegan shoes......











Vegan handbags......








.....an amazing afternoon of eco-shopping.

Arcadia hosted a Denim Brunch this past Saturday. Many of their eco-items, including vintage, were on sale. This amazing boutique carries so many fashionable, animal-friendly brands that, I have to admit, I was a little overwhelmed! Matt & Nat bags (which I just discovered at this event by the way) were the best find.

Arcadia's vintage display got me thinking...while it is great to purchase products that are made from eco- and animal-friendly materials, isn't it even better not to have to produce something at all? Why not save on the energy and all the other processes involved in manufacturing a new product and just re-use something already made? (Check out ReMade USA for a cool interpretation of re-used fashion.)

I'm not always a huge fan of vintage when it's a bit dirty, dingy and too worn-in, but, in some cases, not only can you find something fashionable, but you can reduce your impact on the environment, too, by not contributing to the production of something new. Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment